We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who’ll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you’ll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
HSBC Securities Services (HSS) provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and for the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody sub-custody and clearing services.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal and external regulations and policies as required, including Operational Risk
- Supporting the onboarding of new clients, ensuring adequate onboarding expertise is developed and retained within the team
- Escalation of any potential credit risks associated with a client directly to Credit or relevant Manager
- Organising and participating in formal and informal client meetings
- Providing exceptional customer service to assigned institutional clients for our domestic client base
- Ensuring overall service standards are met in line with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Providing support to the Securities Services product, sales and business development functions
- Enhancing efficiencies in Securities Services’ operations and processes through ongoing process review and improvement
- Daily client query management, support and escalation for offshore client service teams
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritise workloads;
- Strong experience in Custody and / or Fund Administration, preferable with relevant exposure on one or more of the key areas including settlements, corporate actions, fund accounting or investor services
- Strong client centric approach with proven ability to succeed in an SLA and client driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong stakeholder management skills
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline highly regarded.
- Business is primarily based in the HSBC Parramatta office but flexibility is recognised
- Prior experience in team training and mentoring highly beneficial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A