The role will help to design and develop infrastructure code to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes. They may have functional and/or line management responsibilities, as appropriate to their current focus, but this is an optional part of the role. The role will work with senior area leaders and CoE Engineering to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the bank’s overall strategic direction. They will be required to continually enhance their skills within a number of specialisms which include front end, development, security, testing, and operational support. The role will assist DevOps Engineers and Technology Architects to provide operations and migration services that enable VA to tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements.
- Drive the creation of technical test plans and records, including unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality.
- Provide support to DevOps teams working at all stages of the life cycle with a strong customer focus and end to end journeys, ensuring they have an excellent domain knowledge
- May have end to end accountability for one or more products or services within or across GB/GF boundaries, identifying and developing the most appropriate Technology solutions to meet customer needs as part of the Customer Journey and they may have budget, quality and delivery responsibility as appropriate
- Liaise with other engineers, architects, and business stakeholders within HSBC and across the industry to understand and drive the product or service’s direction.
- Lead, drive and implement highly scalable and complex solutions
- Both Immutable Infrastructure, and a strong desire to expand their experience architecting and implementing cloud solutions
- Designing and communicating custom workflows, run books, and response documents
- Work with Agile methodology, representing the Pod and Area lead in standups and problem solving meetings
- Create technical test plans and records, including unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality.
- Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team.
- Enables SRE culture through solving problems with engineering.
- Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered.
- Accountability for the control and compliance of the engineering process.
- Promote innovation and adoption of cutting edge specialist technologies and practices with the domain.
- Has experience and affinity to improve team performance
- Active listening skills
- Mindsets and Behaviors/Self-mastery
- Proven experience in Compute, Hypervisors, Storage, Windows, Networks and Linux
- Keep up to date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable
- Work with industry groups and vendors outside of HSBC to establish and maintain HSBC’s involvement and influence.
- Promote development of engineers through coaching, and mentoring.
- Consult as required in other areas to assist and provide a different perspective to programs or projects that require it.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A