At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations,
- Collect the loan conditions pursuant to HSBC guidelines and prepare the file for submission to underwriting. Work to resolve any additional required conditions to ensure timely approval/closing.
- Build relationships with aligned sales partners and internal partners
- Deliver upon quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators, in line with our business strategies and regulatory requirements (scorecard).
- Continually review and understand work practices and policies to ensure ongoing audit and risk standards are met.
- Maintain KYC standards.
- Implement and apply the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximize integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Deliver excellent customer service .
- Champion and embrace change and innovation
- Deliver desired outcomes – positive customer experience, reduced cost per loan, increased through-put, regulatory compliance
- Ensure compliance in a complex environment with demanding internal standards, multiple internal control functions and multiple government regulators.
- Deliver excellent customer service to a wide range of HSBC WPB local and international customers (whille ensuring the cost effectiveness of the operation).
- Handle all functions and regulations related to loan processing.
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Proactive management/execution of an average active loan pipeline of 35-40 loans
- Proactive pipeline management to ensure all client contractual closing date and rate locks are met
- Maintain highest standards of risk management, control and compliance.
- Reduce overall operating losses and credit risk within management control.
- Achieve published standards and other key performance indicators (attendance, revenue, retention, service levels, operational risk, etc).
- Plan and prioritize work appropriately considering importance, urgency, customer and business impact.
- Ensure fair outcomes for customers are delivered in all situations.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the customer during the mortgage origination process while providing continual status updates to the client and the loan officer through loan approval/closing
- Loan Processing experience as well as knowledge of Mortgage systems (both LOS and Image)
- Minimum of 5 years proven bank, mortgage business, mortgage systems related experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven communications, organizational, analytical, administrative, problem-solving, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent HSBC systems and software.
- Ability to meet deadlines and objectives independently and within the team.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Arlington County, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A