At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our Jersey City, New Jersey office.
Responsible for monitoring and facilitating settlements. Tri-party matching and allocation. This role is also responsible for reconciling positions and dealing directly with various Front Office desks.
- Monitor & Facilitate US Treasury securities settlements activity within Bank of NY Broker Dealer Systems (BDC and AccessEdge), managing within firm Net Free Equity (NFE) as well as Daylight Overdraft (DOD).
- Ensuring Triparty trades are affirmed and ultimately fully allocated in Accessedge
- Ensuring proper fail reporting in IMPACT/BK of NY BDC fails to ensure proper TMPG Fails reconciliation/processing
- Manage Variable Margin (VM) and Initial Margin (IM) transactions across several platforms, Bk of NY, JPMChase and Euroclear.
- Manage collateral projections in conjunction with Finance desk to ensure proper funding coverage for the broker/dealer within both Bilateral and Triparty transactions.
- Process funding transactions and related wire transfers on behalf of the HSBC Securities Inc. (HSI) and HSBC Bank USA (HBUS) Finance desk
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Pro-active in escalation of problems
- Monitor position and cash breaks between IMPACT and clearing bank settlement systems
- Responsible for reconciling TLM – statement vs. ledger as well as position
- Responsible for reconciliation of FICC (Fixed Income Clearing Corporation)/GSCC (Government Securities Clearing Corporation) activity in RTTM (Real Time Trade Management) against clearance activity in the clearing bank settlement systems
- Communicate unrecognized trades/unmatched issues with trading/repo/sales desk and US client admin to minimize risk and exposure to HSI and HBUS.
- Prioritizing trade settlement activity and reconciling problems using own initiative
- Performs settlement activities according to departmental procedures
- Knowledge of Bk of NY BDC and AccessEdge platforms.
- Good organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree or relative experience
- Knowledge of FICC, IMPACT
- PC Skills Excel/Word
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A