We are currently looking for an Operational Risk Senior Manager to join our Operational and Resilience Risk team. You will be will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the AU business and functions adhere to HSBC’s standards for the management of non-financial risk as set out in the Group’s frameworks for Risk Management and for overseeing the non-financial contribution to Enterprise Wide Stress Testing.
- Support the ORR head to deliver required risk governance reporting (i.e. Board Risk Committee and Risk Management Meeting).
- Own the delivery of operational risk quantitative measurement capabilities for HSBC, including risk appetite, scenario analysis, capital modelling, stress testing and capital allocation. Co-ordinate delivery through extensive and senior stakeholders both locally and regionally.
- Define and own local guidance required for regulatory reasons (i.e. Locally Significant Risks and Root Cause Guide)
- Ensure AU complies with the requirements of the global operational risk framework (i.e. Global Principles, Risk Management Framework)
- Support the ORR teams to leverage RMF specialist expertise and knowledge as required
- Own AU’s delivery of the ORR Assurance Framework and opinions as to the execution of the Risk Management Framework by the AUH first and second lines of defence.
- Additional specific Country responsibilities may be added to this role profile at the direction of the CRO and the country reporting line.
- Ability to lead change, and willing to contribute to other relevant teams in Risk and HSBC globally and regionally.
- BA or BS University Degree, professional certificate in one or more RR specialist disciplines
- Knowledge of Risk Management Frameworks, Three Lines of Defence models, and APRA’s Risk Management expectations.
- Commercial mindset, with extensive experience with the Australian financial services industry and Regulators.
- An energetic and effective influencer, with exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the confidence to interact with management and challenge their operating environment.
- Strong analytical abilities and data analysis skills.
- Ideally an Audit or Assurance background.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A