View All Humana JobsHumana
The Field Care Manager NP assesses and evaluates member’s needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Field Care Manager NP works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Field Care Manager NP employs a variety of strategies, approaches, and techniques to manage a member’s physical, environmental, and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and/or evaluations. May create member care plans. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Significant previous experience managing cardiology patients in an ambulatory care environment and in an interventional cardiologist cath lab
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of a medical director
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with electronic health record documentation
- Eligible or must achieve participation in Medicare/Medicaid programs within 3 months
- Eligible for hospital staff privileges at target hospitals
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- 8 or more years of technical experience
- 2 or more years of project leadership experience
- Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner program
- Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner license in the state
- Current certification or able to be certified in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A