- At the heart of our business are people. We create a better everyday life together by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture. To create an inspiring IKEA experience, we need to make sure our coworkers have the preconditions to meet our customers in the best possible way. The purpose of the People & Culture function is to secure the competence within the organization in order to achieve our goals.
- The purpose of the People and Culture function is to support the managers and co-workers for them to be able to deliver the goal of delivering an exceptional customer experience. Provide HR subject matter expertise, process HR operations matters and ensure that the localized HR strategies are put into practice in the most effective and efficient way.
- This is a retail store level salaried position that reports directly to the Store HR Manager and does require availability to work week nights, weekends and holidays.
- Securing engagement and retention by understanding the conditions of our co-workers
- Support the building of local business competence & performance by setting and working or relevant People goals
- Execute all operational Human Resources tasks related to People & Culture at store level to deliver an excellent co-worker experience
- Implement a co-worker relations plan that effectively manages all interactions with coworkers and ensures that all areas in the unit work with the labor relations principles and uphold local policies, procedures and laws
- Ensure and execute delivery of learning & training at unit level, unless provided by the Market Area
- Ensure recruitment and on-boarding of the right talents in close collaboration with the Market area
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of how to implement long-term plans, according to set budgets and goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Human Resources, or related area
- Knowledge of identifying, assessing, encouraging and ensuring coworkers’ performance against organizational and individual goals.
- 3+ years’ of experience working in Human Resources
- Applying tactical and operational thinking in order to create a people oriented working environment
- Knowledge of how to engage co-workers throughout the co-worker journey and the year cycle.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven record of developing people and organizational HR policies
- Knowledge about the rights and obligations of workers and employers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A