IKEA Sheffield are looking to welcome a Communication & Interior Design Manager to lead and inspire and their Communication & Interior Design team or as we like to say in IKEA our Com&In Team. Our goal is to inspire and surprise customers by presenting and communicating IKEA home furnishing with strong visual impressions that exceed visitors’ expectations.
- Secure that the store commercial team has the right understanding of store layout, range presentation and store communication thereby contributing to the work method for range presentation.
- Partner with the store manager to stimulate and increase interest in home furnishing for all co-workers in the store. Be the creative leader by initiating and facilitating workshops to generate creative directions.
- Lead the store Communication & Interior Design team in securing relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions, an optimal store layout and effective and efficient store communication that builds the IKEA Brand and distances IKEA retailers from the competition.
- Contribute with knowledge of people’s life at home and consumer shopping behaviour in the creation and implementation of the store business plan. Based on the national competence development plan, identify current and future business needs in order to recruit, develop and retain a high performing and passionate store Communication & Interior Design team.
- Lead and challenge the Communication & Interior Design team to constantly take actions that exploit commercial opportunities both in the short and long term.
- Secure vitality and seasonality in the store by creating and implementing a store commercial calendar together with the store management team.
- You have a design-based degree such as Visual Merchandising, Interior Architecture, Interior Design or Fine Arts
- You are inspired by new experiences.
- You have a creative background with a real passion for interior design and extensive experience of working in a design-orientated role (interior design, graphic design, visual merchandising and/or store planning).
- You have strong communication skills and experience of problem solving.
- You can prioritise and organise work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- You are experienced in managing, inspiring, leading and developing people and creative processes in a changing environment within retail.
- You are experienced in visually expressing the brand identity of a company. Visual competence, including a keen eye for aesthetics with a customer-focused mindset in order to connect the IKEA brand with the local customer market and regional customer market. With the ability to inspire others to do so.
- You have strong leadership skills and can also be a team player. Demonstrating clear communication and coaching skills, i.e. the ability to explain verbally concepts and visual interpretation. You will Set and implement action plans, set expectations, provide clear direction and follow up goals.
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: Sheffield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A