At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our Jersey City, New Jersey office.
The position includes the daily oversight responsibilities for cost basis, NRA withholding and remittance, 1099 and 1042s tax reporting and reconciliation, development and management of system tax rules, allocation of withholding rates, special tax services (i.e. EDS elections, Tax reclaims, cost basis and Acupay certifications).
- Insure the ongoing development and maintenance of written procedures and adherence to all US regulations as related to the services, along with the adherence to internal banks and business line procedures and policies.
- Reconcile and prepare client 1099 and 1042s forms.
- Full understanding of cost basis reporting (1099B) rules and requirements, previous experience working with Refinitiv and CBRS a plus, ability to implement procedures and controls
- Strong understanding of the DTCC EDS process including interpreting important notices, ability to implement procedures and controls
- Communicating and processing elective dividends through the depository with respect to foreign withholding rates.
- Client certification of foreign positions through the use of external platforms such as Acupay.
- Communicate tax-related changes that have impacted on information, documentation, reporting ad withholding regulations to clients via the issuance of Market Updates/Newsletters.
- Provide support and guidance to all internal tax related areas with respect to tax related queries.
- Previous experience managing people and process
- Reconciliation of withholding tax and income/exemptions codes reported to the clients.
- Must have strong overall knowledge of US Domestic Equity markets
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in tax, knowledge of DTCC and Broadridge platforms a plus
- Computer literacy, intermediate knowledge of MS Excel a must. Working knowledge of MS Outlook and Word.
- Must be detailed oriented, good problem solver, should have good communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A