Website Waste Management
The Accountant II will be a key member of the External Reporting group and will complement the department’s other accounting resources. The position requires a general understanding of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (“US GAAP”) and SEC regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the review of revenue contracts.
- Assist with the financial reporting for employee benefit plans and captive insurance companies.
- Collect and analyze financial data, and perform additional analysis as required.
- Coordinate with our external auditors to ensure timely completion of our quarterly review and annual audit.
- Assist with the maintenance and application of internal controls; and
- Assist with special projects within the Accounting function, as needed.
- Assist with drafting of financial statements and footnote disclosures for SEC filings. Coordinate efforts with internal departments and external groups to gather financial and non-financial information for use in SEC filings.
- Ensure compliance with SEC XBRL filing requirements.
- Assist internal departments with researching and interpreting US GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Assist with evaluating the accounting consequences of potential transactions and provide input and suggestions to planned and proposed agreements, as requested.
- Exceptional business acumen.
- None required, however, CPA or pursuing CPA preferred.
- General understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and SEC regulations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited)
- Experience: A minimum of three years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A