Website Waste Management
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment. Works on equipment that requires a high level of skill using modern maintenance practices and technology. Provides superior maintenance on, both, diesel equipment and CNG trucks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Desired: Minimum of 2 years of experience as a technician or mechanic, preferably, on heavy trucks and/or heavy equipment
- Desired: Minimum of 2 years of experience with repair of electrical and hydraulics
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities, Required or Desired:
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sun Valley, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A