Website Waste Management
Under general supervision, applies appropriate welds to fabricate or repair compactors, containers and carts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Assists senior welders in the completion of project work.
- Performs service calls for compactor repair.
- Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Works from prints, drawings and verbal instructions.
- Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing compactors and containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
- Repairs compactors, containers and carts.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems on compactors.
- Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Required: Valid driver’s license.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
- Basic skills in welding techniques; knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing compactors, containers and carts; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of compactors, containers and carts; skill in repair of special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on a variety of compactors, containers and carts; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program may be required.
- Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coquitlam, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A