Website Johnson & Johnson
This role will provide legal support to Janssen’s commercial operations in the UK & Ireland (comprising our Haematology, Oncology, Immunology, Cardiology (PAH), Neuroscience and Vaccines therapeutic areas (TAs)). The role will report into the Legal Director and will be based at the Janssen UK offices in High Wycombe. The Senior Legal Counsel will be a key member of a team comprising of the Legal Director, a further Senior Legal Counsel, a (junior) Legal Counsel and an Executive Assistant.
- The Senior Legal Counsel will take the lead in finalizing a comprehensive legal training curriculum in support of key business activities (supported by subject matter experts from J&J’s global law department), partnering with the other members of the legal team in the roll-out of training modules.
- Additionally, the Senior Legal Counsel will actively participate in identifying best practices and support initiatives and activities aimed at optimizing Janssen’s good corporate governance.
- The Senior Legal Counsel will take a lead lawyer support role for two of Janssen’s TAs, as well as providing general legal advice and drafting contracts in support of various commercial activities across all of Janssen’s TAs, including solutions and services initiatives.
- The Senior Legal Counsel will work closely with the Legal Director, Senior Legal Counsel, Legal Counsel and/or external legal counsel, as well as building relationships with other supporting compliance functions such as data privacy, healthcare compliance, and pharmacovigilance to ensure appropriate legal input is given in support of business activities.
- The Senior Legal Counsel will also provide primary legal and contracting support for Janssen’s patient engagement and advocacy team, as well as clinical and research activities (which may include Janssen’s real world evidence, late stage clinical trial, and Investigator Initiated studies in both UK & Ireland).
- The Senior Legal Counsel will provide legal advice and contracting support for Janssen’s sales, marketing and supply chain activities (which may include arrangements with homecare providers, wholesalers, retail pharmacies, and NHS tendering authorities).
- Strong business and analytical skills – problem solving ability and ability to work independently.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to work well in matrix cross functional, virtual teams in an international context.
- Strong team working skills – relationship management, interpersonal, communication (both written and spoken), negotiation and organizational skills.
- Required Minimum Education: degree (in any discipline) and qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales
- Required Years of Related Experience: Strong, proven track record PQE
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Significant commercial legal work experience at a law firm and/or equivalent in-house experience, ideally in the healthcare sector.
- Knowledge of UK and other bribery/anti-corruption legislation and industry codes
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A