View All Kaiser Permanente JobsKaiser Permanente
The Registered Nurse (RN) II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. The RN II provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members.
Participates in patient/ family teaching and provides leadership in working cooperatively with members of the health care team to maintain standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, accurate, and concise manner.
- MSE reflecting sound clinical knowledge and judgment, and consistent with Standardized Procedure and State/ Federal regulations.
- Requires dependable attendance to scheduled shifts and required staff development
- Works within scope of practice, including standardized procedures, and communicates clearly with all members of healthcare team.
- Completes duties with regard to safety practices and policies, including infection control, workplace safety, and management of aggressive behaviors.
- Provision of care is consistent with EMTALA, Nurse Practice Act, Title 22 and other applicable regulations, including patient confidentiality and risk management.
- Proficiencies in emergency responses such as resuscitation/ codes, hazmat response, and emergency childbirth.
- Proficient in the use of computers in documentation, tracking, conveying information
- Teamwork with all internal and external departments and agencies involved in the provision of care.
- Medication administration and management including titrating infusions and pediatric medications
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and Department Performance Improvement activities as directed.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying information. Ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical record system application.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where appropriate to do so.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet them.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered nursing program and either: 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or (3) currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- High School Diploma/GED
- One year recent (within the last three years) experience as a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A