Website Kaiser Permanente
The cashier/receptionist is a member of the health care department team who functions under the direction guidance and supervision of the department manager, assistant manager, or designee. The cashier/receptionist greets and checks in all patients reporting to the medical office in a professional and courteous manner. This position is responsible for accurate check-in, check-out where applicable, information capture and revenue collection per procedures. Responsible for having a general knowledge of the medical center in order to assist patients with questions and concerns. Requires extensive use of the computer.
- Working knowledge of Health Plan coverage types, for example (but not limited to) traditional, deductible, etc.
- Create accounts as necessary, for example (but not limited to) workers compensation, confidential, etc.
- Manage electronic in-basket
- Collect co-pays and fees. Inform patients of available payment options.
- Generate appropriate encounter forms per procedure electronically or manually if the system is down
- Greet and assist patients that present
- Direct patients to appropriate area after the check-in process is completed
- Order Health Plan cards as needed.
- Use notes function where applicable to document prepayments
- Verify and/or update all demographic information, for example Personal Physician Selection, Language Preference.
- Obtain a patient medical record number when necessary
- Reception, Check-ln, Check-out (where applicable)
- Determine patients membership/benefits according to the benefit display
- Follow appropriate patient registration/check-in policies and procedures
- Follow appropriate procedures when registering exception-type patients such as non-members, out-of-area health plan members, Medicare, Media-Cal, and industrial patients.
- Check in patients by following check-in policies and procedures and using the check-in systems or manual visit records when the systems are down.
- Capture and populate workers compensation data on the correct screens and select the correct coverage as necessary
- Check out patients by following checkout policies and procedures and using the checkout systems or manual visit records when the systems are down, if applicable.
- Knowledge of computer and computer keyboard.
- Ability to read and follow instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, manage time and prioritize workflow in a complex environment.
- Communicate with health care providers, staff, patients and visitors.
- Also refer to the detailed responsibilities outlined in the appropriate (United Healthcare Workers – West) Cash Handling Responsibility Agreement.
- Basic knowledge and use of computer and computer keyboard
- Passing of a PC skills assessment
- Professional phone etiquette
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A