Website Kaiser Permanente
The Registered Nurse (RN) II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. The RN II provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet them.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where appropriate to do so.
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient populations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in English)
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A