View All Kaiser Permanente JobsKaiser Permanente
Practices professional nursing by the performance of both independent nursing functions and delegated medical functions in accordance with accepted practice standards. Such functions include the initiation and performance of nursing care through health promotion, supportive or restorative care, disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human disease, ailment, pain, injury, deformity, and physical or mental condition using specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill involving the application of biological, physical, social, and behavioral science principles. CRS 12-38-103 (10). Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of ones actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
- Evaluates emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides health teaching and health counseling to patients and/or their families.
- Executes delegated medical functions which delivers aspects of care that implement and are consistent with the medical plan as prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or person acting under the physicians delegated authority. Administers intravenous therapy and other medications.
- Provides therapy and treatment that is supportive and restorative to life and well being either directly to the patient or indirectly through consultation with, delegation to (per Colorado State Board of Nursing rules and regulations for delegation), supervision of, or teaching others. Referring to medical or community agencies per Kaiser Permanente guidelines those patients who need further treatment, evaluation, or assistance. Review and monitor therapy and treatment patient plans. Initiate appropriate consultations and/or actions accordingly.
- Facilitates the coordination and integration of care between health care services; manages populations of patients to ensure appropriate utilization of health care resources. Leads health care team by influence and role modeling integrated effective nursing practice, service, innovation and providing outstanding support for physician practices.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications including the consistent use of 5 rights and 3 checks of medication administration, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Adopted from Colorado State Nurse Practice Act CRS 12-38-103) Evaluating health status through the collection and assessment of health data CRS 12-38-103 (10). Collects subjective and objective data.
- Analyzes reports and records data.
- Uses data to identify health care problems and create plan.
- Prioritizes patients needs.
- Triages patients either in person or via telephone and implements proper course of action in accordance with established protocol/guideline or in consultation with provider. Conducts telephone calls backs to patients requiring follow-up care.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED) required.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- National Provider Identifier
- Minimum one (1) year of recent, dedicated PACU experience required OR three (3) to five (5) years of recent surgical ICU or E.R experience.
- Registered Nurse License (Colorado)
- Graduate of board approved RN program and completed a minimum of 750 clock hours of faculty planned clinical experience and guided learning activities which required direct supervision by faculty, associate nursing instructional personnel (ANIP) or preceptor who is physically present or immediately accessible.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A