Website KinderCare Education
This Mergers & Acqusitions role is embedded in the FP&A – Growth Initiatives team, partnering entirely with new center growth. The primary focus of this position is to manage the acquisition pipeline, perform financial analysis in support of investment decisions and manage the external relationships with brokers and sellers. This is a truly unique opportunity to partner on a cross-functional team addressing acquisition challenges and opportunities. The position requires all the usual strengths of a financial analyst but combines it with the opportunity to focus on strategic analysis and development of business cases, working with a variety of qualitative and quantitative information.
- Develop pro forma models for new centers, creating a thorough, accurate, and well-documented analysis.
- Work closely in a fast-paced environment with team members and cross functional business partners to identify and escalate analytical issues.
- Develop and create ad-hoc financial modeling for special projects and program development using standard investment metrics (NPV, IRR, etc.).
- Perform key financial analysis to justify growth activities.
- Using P&L, review model outputs compared to portfolio results (prior year, versus budget, etc.) to determine model reasonableness.
- Based on analysis conducted, develop own analytical point of view regarding new sites/ opportunities, presenting perspective with clear and concise language.
- Partner with external brokers to source new acquisition opportunities
- Strong communication, presentation, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once maintaining accuracy and speed.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated flexibility in re-prioritizing projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to propose solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, including understanding critical issues, not just “crunching numbers”.
- Strong business acumen and ability to communicate financial concepts in terms that others can understand.<
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field required.
- 4+ years of experience in finance or investment analysis required, preferably in a multi-unit organization
- Experience in developing and/or maintaining complex financial models in Excel.
- Experience in utilizing more qualitative data to inform analytical positions.
- Strong understanding of and experience with financial analysis, cash-flow modeling concepts, and investment metrics and concepts (NPV, IRR, etc.).
Company: KinderCare Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A