Website KinderCare Education
KinderCare is seeking a Network Engineer to work on several exciting network projects, as well as manage and maintain existing network equipment in our datacenter, learning centers, and corporate office locations. KinderCare networks leverage technology from Cisco, Extreme, VeloCloud, CradlePoint, and cloud networking in AWS.
- Collaborate with the New Center Openings team to identify and support installation of all network services necessary for the successful onboarding or opening of new learning centers
- Support and improve implementation of the SDWAN solution and new wireless infrastructure in the field and corporate locations
- Provide operational support, troubleshooting, problem resolution, and corrective maintenance on the LAN, Data Center, and WAN networks
- Serve as a technical point of contact for all matters related to network infrastructure efforts
- Identify and address monitoring and alerting gaps to improve resolution of issues and increase transparency
- Perform network security and performance analysis, determine areas for improvement, recommend and collaborate to drive solutions to optimize network performance
- Plan, coordinate, and troubleshoot network upgrades and installations with 3rd party partners, driving process and configuration improvements to simplify execution and service delivery
- Great communications skills and ability to work in a remote environment.
- Solid working knowledge in the planning, design, integration, optimization, operations, maintenance and upgrades, security, and support of enterprise network infrastructures.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the system engineer level.
- LAN (Ethernet, HSRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.) and SDWAN troubleshooting/problem determination skills.
- Working knowledge of: Network analysis tools, CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc.) and IP services (IP, Multicast, QOS, SNMP, etc.).
- Passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
- AWS Cloud experience is a plus, including Direct Connect, Cloud Trail, Route53, VPC Security.
- Current working knowledge of Linux/Unix based OS.
- Monitoring tools, including Splunk and SolarWinds
- ASA Firewalls/NX-OS/IOS-XE/MDS Storage Switching/Citrix Netscaler
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 10+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of Cisco router and switch networking experience
- Experience managing infrastructure of mid-size operational networks in a high-paced fluid environment.
Company: KinderCare Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A