KPMG’s Immigration Law practice is looking for a Senior Immigration Coordinator in the Montreal office. You will be responsible for preparing and drafting legal arguments in support of various Canadian immigration applications. These include Temporary Canadian Work Permits, Temporary Resident Visas, and other associated status and entry document applications. This role requires excellent time management & multi-tasking skills, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and an ability to work well in a team environment.
- Manage and co-ordinate the legalization of documents.
- Conduct all work within established time standards.
- Respond to clients and/or vendors regarding invoice related matters.
- Collect invoices, annotate billing codes, and submit to Accounts Payable upon receipt.
- Ensure that all client correspondence, documents and relevant data fields are recorded in KPMG’s internal database(s).
- Assist with preparing reports.
- Ensure timely payment of vendor invoices.
- Ensure timely issuance of client invoices.
- Assist with obtaining legal documents (birth certificates, police clearances, etc.).
- Prepare supporting documents for application packages (letters, application forms, etc.).
- Research the appropriate legal documents required for the application process and prepare instruction document lists accordingly.
- Draft legal arguments outlining eligibility of applicant to qualify for immigration document
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and legal writing skills
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of billing practices and procedures an asset.
- 2-5 years of experience ideally within a legal work environment.
- Experience in immigration law is an asset.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to locate and research information efficiently, to use it effectively, and to evaluate the quality of the information.
- Ability to communicate responsibly and promote effective working relationships.
- Superior organizational skills
- College diploma or University degree.
- Bilingualism in French is considered an asset, but not required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A