KPMG Forensic continues to grow and is interested in hiring a Senior Consultant to join our GTA practice. This position would appeal to a CPA with approximately 2-5 years of professional experience, who is interested in (or has already begun) a career in the forensic and investigative accounting field. This highly specialized group will give you a unique opportunity to be exposed to a fast-paced specialization that will allow you to combine your accounting and/or audit knowledge with forensic and investigative skills and leverage data analytic tools and techniques. The variety of assignments will provide you with the opportunity to gain exposure to many interesting and challenging situations. As KPMG is committed to capability development and continuous learning, this role provides an exceptional opportunity for both formal and hands-on training.
You will assist in investigations, quantification of damages, fraud risk management, litigation support, data analytics support, insurance claims quantification, regulatory compliance, and similar assignments in both the public and private sector, with a focus on learning the required skills and knowledge to progress in this dynamic and growing specialization. This role includes but is not limited to
- Sharing in the administrative tasks related to the operation of KPMG Forensic
- Assisting in client/engagement acceptance
- Assisting with the development of engagement and project plans
- Performance of and assistance in project tasks, including for example financial analysis, document review, interviews, leveraging data analytics tools and techniques, report and internal working paper preparation, and file organization and administration,
- Participating in marketing and business development activities,
- You are proactive in determining priorities and manage multiple engagements.
- You are resilient and adjust to changing priorities.
- Experience with data analytic tools (Python, R, Alteryx, SQL) and techniques is an asset
- Ability to obtain Government of Canada Security Clearance
- 2-5+ years of relevant professional experience (e.g. accounting, auditing, regulatory compliance, forensics).
- Strong skills with Microsoft office and productivity tools (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams)
- You are organized and methodical, with strong attention to detail and the ability to analyze and interpret information.
- You are objective, logical, and precise about your conclusions.
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills and do not get discouraged when information is not readily available or is unclear.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You are highly motivated and a committed self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required (or successful completion of Common Final Exam (CFE).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A