Website Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
A Communications Cable Worker does skilled electrical work in the installation, splicing, termination, maintenance, changing, removal, location of trouble, and repair of outside and inside plant overhead and underground fiber optic and paired copper communications cables, lines, and appurtenant equipment including the telephone, data, alarm, carrier, supervisory, telemetry, and control circuits contained within these cables and lines.
- Two years of full-time paid experience as an Assistant Communications Cable Worker with the City of Los Angeles;
- Two years of full-time paid experience in the construction, installation, maintenance, and repair of fiber optic and lead or plastic sheathed communications type cables and control lines containing control, telemetering or telephone circuits;
- Two years of full-time experience performing work on communication equipment and circuits in the maintenance or construction of communication systems while in the United States Armed Forces.
- Applicants who lack six months or less of the required experience may file for this examination. However, they cannot be appointed until the full experience requirement is met.
- Active United States Military personnel may file for this examination; however, they cannot be appointed until they have completed their military service and have been discharged with satisfactory performance. Proof of military service and satisfactory performance must be provided prior to appointment.
- Applicants filing under Requirement #3 must submit at the time of filing their application a copy of their DD-214 or a copy of their military identification indicating End of Active Obligated Service (EAOS) date within six months from the application date. The copy of the DD-214 or military identification with EAOS must be attached to the on-line application BEFORE the application is submitted. If the copy is attached AFTER the on-line application has been submitted, applicants WILL NOT be credited with having submitted it, and WILL NOT be considered further in this examination.
- A valid California driver’s license is required. Applicants will be disqualified and not eligible for hire if their record within the last 36 months reflects three or more moving violations and/or at-fault accidents, or a conviction of a major moving violation (such as DUI).
Company: Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A