Website Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
A Systems Analyst analyzes procedures, methods and operations of computer-based information systems; designs, implements, and recommends information systems to improve the efficiency and economy of City operations; performs cost benefit and feasibility analyses related to the modification of existing computer-based information systems, the maintenance and support of information systems, or the implementation of new computer-based systems; accesses and analyzes information from automated files using high-level retrieval languages.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a major in a closely related field;
- the development, analysis, implementation or major modification of new or existing computer-based information systems or relational databases;
- performing cost benefit, feasibility and requirements analysis for a large-scale computer-based information system;
- performing system implementation and support activities including software and hardware acquisition, installation, modifications to system configuration, system and application upgrade installation
- Two years of full-time paid experience as a Systems Aide with the City of Los Angeles;
- Satisfactory completion of four courses, of at least three semester or four quarter units each, in Information Systems, Systems Analysis,
- a closely related degree program, professional designation, or certificate program from an accredited college or university.
- At least three of the courses must be from the core courses required in the program, and one course may be from either the required core courses or the prescribed elective courses of the program. A course in systems analysis and design is especially desired, but not required.
Company: Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A