Website Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
A Systems Programmer evaluates, develops, maintains, implements, and modifies operating systems, hardware, middleware, software, storage, and networking in a business applications environment; performs hardware-software studies; designs and implements systems architecture; analyzes systems problems and optimizes systems performance; performs systems upgrades; follows Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and security best practices for incident, change and release management, and all aspects of network and server operations; provides technical assistance to other data processing personnel and user divisions or departments; may supervise and direct the work of employees engaged in such activities; applies sound supervisory principles and techniques in building and maintaining an effective work force; and fulfills equal employment opportunity responsibilities.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university; and two years of full-time paid systems implementation experience in either:
- installing, configuring, maintaining, performance tuning, patching, troubleshooting and securing enterprise level servers and networks;
- planning, configuring, and implementing enterprise systems and applications operating over large computing networks serving local and remote facilities;
- preparing programs by analyzing specifications developed by systems professionals and determining computer processing requirements, systems and/or programming flowcharts, code programs, and software solutions;
- Two years of full-time paid experience with the City of Los Angeles as a Programmer Analyst;
- Four years of full-time paid systems implementation experience with the City of Los Angeles as a Systems Analyst with experience in either
- installing, configuring, maintaining, performance tuning, patching, and securing enterprise level servers;
- planning, configuring, and implementing enterprise systems and applications operating over large computing networks serving local and remote facilities.
Company: Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A