View All Live Nation JobsLive Nation
We are seeking a Manager of Technical Accounting for the Transaction Support Group in our Corporate Accounting department to provide day-to-day technical accounting transactional support for the organization in connection with acquisitions.
- Prepare the impairment assessment of indefinite-lived intangible assets
- Prepare the Company’s statement of cash flow quarterly
- Calculate weighted average shares outstanding and prepare the earnings per share calculation quarterly
- Calculate the current expected credit losses on receivables and prepare the accounting entries to adjust the reserve as needed each quarter
- Review significant multi-element revenue contracts for appropriate accounting treatment
- Manage implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Responsible for quarterly accounting of hedges and derivatives as well as assessment of credit reserve for the derivative liabilities
- Review derivative contracts to ensure completeness and accuracy of derivative accounting (as provided by Treasury)
- Provide other recurring and ad hoc analysis as required by management.
- Research and document GAAP/SEC accounting and reporting requirements related to significant financial transactions and various other transactions as requested by management
- Assist with the annual impairment assessment of goodwill
- Manage data in accounting system utilized to calculate expense for share-based payments and prepare quarterly accounting entries
- Assist with development and presentation of webcast training on new accounting literature for divisional finance
- Provide guidance to divisional accountants on technical accounting issues.
- Monitor latest developments in accounting literature/guidance quarterly and prepare quarterly summary report for presentation to Controller and CAO
- Knowledge of accounting for acquisition transactions including business combinations, non-controlling interests and redeemable equity accounting a plus.
- Knowledge of collaborative arrangements, lease accounting and revenue recognition accounting literature a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification or working towards one.
- Minimum five to seven years accounting experience. Recent technical accounting and/or public accounting experience required.
- Oracle and BPC experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to research accounting literature and reach conclusions a plus.
- Valuation modeling skills a plus.
- Strong organization skills.
Company: Live Nation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A