JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
- Assist management in motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance.
- Monitor stock of kitchen supplies and food.
- Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision, be able to run the service alone whenever necessary
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served. Set-up and break down workstation.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist (including pastry tasks, special occasion requests and afternoon tea)
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Previous experience working within a Kitchen or similar environment necessary
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Good level of English essential (verbal,listening,writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A