View All Marriott JobsMarriott International
The position will support up tofour attorneys on a legal team in the areas of Franchise, Operations, Asset Management and Development, and, if requested, will provide overflow support to the Chief Legal Counsel for EMEA. The role might support additional positions as the team structure changes. Position will report to the VP & Assistant General Counsel for Franchise Development in Europe.
- Review all incoming mail and bring priority items to the recipient’s attention.
- Support the entire legal team with any reasonable requests.
- Compose, type, and transmit correspondence; type/merge, red-line, and transmit legal documents.
- Prepare for transaction closings including preparation of execution documents and powers of attorney.
- Coordinate and maintain calendars for attorneys.
- Screen telephone calls; handle matters not requiring the recipient’s attention; refer calls to other appropriate parties for handling; organize meetings and conference calls.
- Prepare and edit lengthy legal documents, presentations, powers of attorney, agendas, memos, letters, spreadsheets, and other business documents.
- Enter matters in the iManage/TeamConnect database; update database information, including revision and search of database for report and record management.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate logistics including transportation, reservations, and lodging arrangements. Prepare expense reports.
- Take notes during meetings.
- Review all incoming mail and forward to the appropriate attorney and bring priority items to the attention of the supervisor or the responsible attorney, as appropriate; track matters requiring response/action and keep supervisor apprised of status.
- Handle execution of documents, including coordinating with signatories.
- Compose, type, and transmit correspondence and e-mails; type, red-line, proofread, format and transmit legal documents.
- Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, other files, etc.
- Track correspondence requiring responses and keep attorneys apprised of status.
- Handle all travel arrangements, prepare expense reports.
- Prepare, revise, edit, and proofread extensive correspondence and legal documents.
- Create and maintain desk files and permanent files, including up-to-date filing, assist attorney/paralegal in: data entry and maintenance of practice area’s contract database and database reporting (TeamConnect and iManage); update and maintenance of all forms, agreements, disclosure documents and Share Point Sites.
- Act as liaison between the attorney and other Marriott employees and outside counsel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent word processing and spelling/grammar/proofreading skills.
- Fast, accurate typing.
- Strong skills with MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Proficiency or capacity to learn to utilize Teams/Sharepoint and database programs such as iManage and TeamConnect mandatory.
- Excellent judgment.
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage multiple tasks and high volume.
- Minimum of five years of secretarial experience.
- Flexibility to adapt to continually changing workload priorities.
- Previous experience in a law firm or corporate law department with a transactional/commercial legal practice preferred but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Diligence, strong work ethic and ability to work overtime.
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A