As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there’s no better place than Marriott International to make your mark. Joining us, you’ll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. You’ll find a place where your personality and ideas are appreciated just as much as the work you do. And you’ll grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to join our global family.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, supporting the team to reach common goals
- Assist FOM in all areas to ensure a correct and smoothly-operating department.
- Maintain computer and paper-based filing and organisation systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language including appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees and guests.
- Assist with hiring and coaching staff
- Serve as a role model in all areas, promoting uniform standards and good practice
- Preparation of letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- The entry and retrieval of information contained in computer databases and the use of a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservations.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including date stamping and distributing incoming mail.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Understands and is able to execute departmental and hotel emergency procedures.
- Participates as needed in the investigation of associate and guest accidents.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- A team-first attitude
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills and multi-tasking ability
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- Knowledge of Opera is preferred but not essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A