View All Mercedes-Benz JobsMercedes-Benz
Monitors Department performance. Develops, implements, and improves the operation of equipment. Acts as interface between maintenance technicians and engineering to ensure the maintenance of equipment in production. Implement an established maintenance program and maintain detailed maintenance records.
- Investigates complex problems, analyzes root causes and derives resolutions. Will use 8D Problem Solving Process to ensure sustainable quality products.
- May train and support less experienced engineers and team members.
- Participates in budget preparation and monitor expenses and profitability
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Proposes and manages medium-scale projects from beginning to end. May scope and manage large capital investment projects (>$5M)
- Repair, adjust, and maintain production equipment, machinery, or instruments in cooperation with internal and external staff to ensure that it functions reliably and complies with process specifications.
- Responsible for coordinating activities (PM’s, TPM, problem solving) of third party contractors, vendors, or suppliers related to the maintenance field.
- Stays current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes
- Will perform other duties as assigned
- Collaborates and takes over responsibilities with other departments in preparing scope of work including project requirements, milestones, deliverables, end products, documents and reports that are expected to be provided by external providers.
- Develops best practices to improve equipment capacity, quality and reliability
- Develops operational strategies to achieve energy and financial objectives
- Develops planning standards, methods, and procedures to maintain robust PM, TPM processes as well as robust containments and countermeasures for equipment downtime
- Ensures equipment uptime, MTTR, MTBF, and OEE by relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ensures that highly technical equipment meets required specifications and high quality standards
- Evaluates current production activities and drives improvements
- Ability to present complex technical information related to achieving goals of the department
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods/procedures and process technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant degree required. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Hands-on experience with process devices such as; motor drives, sensors, AC/DC converters, lifts, conveyors, etc.
- Experience with joining technologies, clinching, gluing and fluid technology
- Experience with equipment installation
- Experience with project management
- 3D-CAD experience such as; SolidWorks, Catia, Siemens NX, ect.
- PLC experience such as; Siemens S7 Tia portal
- 5 years plus of relevant experience required, strongly preferring automotive environment including experience with:
- Hands-on experience pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and computer controlled systems
- Experience with Paint applications(chemicals,sprays,filtration,pumps,degreaser,hydrocyclones, rectifier process, anodes, anolyte systems, ultra-filtration, DI-water, industrial paint oven curing)
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Charleston, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A