View All Mercedes-Benz JobsMercedes-Benz
Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of guidelines and internal policies. Participates in internal compliance testing and audits. Establish systems and procedures to ensure that all staff is aware of and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Consult and all levels of management regarding critical and complex employee relations decisions, e.g.: performance management, harassment, business conduct, terminations, restructuring, and HR policies, guidelines and practices.
- Acts as the central point of contact for internal and external HR audits
- Preparing action plans in response to findings, and monitoring implementation and follow up
- Oversee or conduct investigations dealing with employees regarding potential misconduct and policy violations. Support Investigations of the Business Practice Office
- Administration of relevant HR Compliance IT tools
- Work with MBV General Counsel to determines the impact of changes in local, state and federal laws on internal policies and regulations
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice
- Prepare reports for management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Gather preliminary information for investigations and/or routine monitoring for program compliance and/or in response to reports of non-compliance or concerns
- Ensure all relevant employees are trained on corporate standards for compliance and integrity
- Assist in the creation and/or update/modify and implement company policies and guidelines
- Develop and oversee internal control systems
- Prevent and deal with violations of guidelines and internal policies
- Strong conflict management skills, able to effectively resolve conflict with a positive outcome
- Keen business acumen, strong analytic skills and tremendous drive for results
- Excel, Access, Word, and Power Point experience essential. Expertise in information handling/manipulation including the use of data management tools (Adobe, MS Office, MS Visio)
- A broad understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures & previous experience building / updating HR policies and processes
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive business experience with direct HR/ ER experience
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- PHR, PHR-ca or SPHR certification
- Previous experience handling the resolution of complex employee relation issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Must be highly organized. Strong sense of urgency in executing responsibilities and flexible when business needs require immediate changes to priorities.
- Reporting and analysis background required
- Strong proficiency in audit/compliance activities including expertise in data / process organization
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Unquestionable integrity and credibility
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Charleston, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A