View All Mercedes-Benz JobsMercedes-Benz
Mercedes Benz of Colorado Springs is looking for a Detail Technician to join our team. This position is responsible for efficiently inspecting, and the initial cleaning of the interior and exterior of all makes and models of vehicles. Must be able to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Inspects vehicles for noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery and poor mechanical operation.
- Restores appearance of engine area, rugs and upholstery and painted surfaces. Uses touch-up paint, dyes and other appropriate materials.
- Uses proper eye, hand and body protection when using products that require protection.
- Fills vehicle with fuel.
- Applies dressing on tires and tire wells.
- Replaces missing or defective small parts.
- Maintains showroom and stock vehicles in clean and presentable condition at all times.
- Ensures proper stickers are displayed in the vehicle’s window.
- Removes all window stickers on sold vehicles.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior and exterior windows and wipes down doorjambs.
- Applies wax to auto body, and wipes or buffs surface.
- Vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Cleans upholstery, rugs and other surfaces, using appropriate cleaning agents, applicators and cleaning devices.
- Applies revitalizers and preservation agents to interior vinyl or leather surfaces and treats fabrics with spot- and stain-resistant chemicals.
- Cleans engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents.
- Applies special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following product manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to drive both automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A