View All Merlin JobsMerlin Entertainments
- General Accounting responsiblities may include reconcilations, TM1 financial reporting and other duties as assigned
- Liaising with Profit Protection ,security and location supervisors to ensure that cash controls are in place
- Daily duties may include:
- Archiving and removal of deposits, credit card and other necessary documents
- Preparing currency and coin for transfer to the bank
- Process and reconcile daily vouchers received from admissions department.
- Processing and wrapping loose coin as needed
- Counting and verifying the number of floats received in night deposit area
- Assists Cash Office Manager on overall operations of the cash room.
- Instructing MC Cash Handling classes, as appropriate
- Perform field audits for Retail, Food and Beverage, and Admissions
- Performing ad-hoc duties as assigned, or where requested by the Cash Office Manager
- Preparing and balancing daily receipts
- Counting currency and coin received in the float bags
- Encoding and processing A/R checks for daily deposit
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of vouchers for billing
- Reconcile cash vault daily
- Coordinating A/R invoices for payment from Purchase orders, or special orders from vendors
- Very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required as is the ability to build and maintain cooperative working relationships with members of all departments within the organization.
- Experience in credit card and other payment reconciliation is desirable.
- Industry experience in a theme park or other multi-site sales environment is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong general accounting and cash handling knowledge.
- Requires excellent computer skills with strong proficiency using Microsoft Office Products including Access, Word and Excel.
- Combination of accounting and banking experience is preferred.
- Requires at least two years in a full service cash control of revenue accounting environment.
- Experience with accounting software and integrated, system-wide software packages a plus.
- Requires the ability to self initiate work with minimal direct supervision.
- Experience with cash management software and hardware are a plus.
- Must be a detail oriented individual with very strong analytical and organizational skills.
Company: Merlin Entertainments
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A