View All Merlin JobsMerlin Entertainments
The Technician is a vital role in our attractions as they ensure all the fun and magic are being delivered at an optimal level. On a daily basis, the Technician assists with the planned and reactive maintenance throughout the attraction to ensure the day-to-day operation is running smoothly, safely, and efficiently. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining all aspects of the attraction including the rides, cinema, equipment, and machinery.
- Position functions will include: custodial duties, re-lamping & lighting systems, painting and wall repair, food and beverage equipment, shipping and receiving as well as exhibit setup and takedown.
- Utilize hands-on knowledge and experience to solve problems to sustain minimal downtime of rides and themed attractions for the maximum guest experience.
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot all aspects of the attraction’s equipment and machinery including HVAC, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and plumbing systems as well as rides and themed attractions.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- Minimum of 2 years of service industry experience in a technical/themed environment.
- You will be highly self-motivated with previous maintenance experience with maintaining a wide range of equipment including rides.
- Experience in maintaining flexibility and the highest level of service in high-pressure and/or stressful situations.
- 2+ years of technical college; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Company: Merlin Entertainments
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A