View All Massachusetts General Hospital JobsMassachusetts General Hospital
- Will be responsible for design, fabrication, testing, and validation of research instruments and devices developed by the Evans research group in the Wellman Center for Photo medicine. Participate in teams creating novel technologies and devices for both clinical and biomedical research applications including the design and construction of wearable devices and sensors, implantable sensors, and imaging systems. Tasks would include primarily electrical design, with the potential for tasks in software implementation and mechanical design. May lead or participate in a team of engineers, technicians, graduate students, and fellows in the development of electrical/optical systems. Ensure that device testing is preformed, and systems are well documented.
- Design, fabrication, testing, and validation of medical and research devices including electrical and mechanical systems.
- Provide electrical design of subcomponents using software, and oversee the manufacturing of these subcomponents from internal and external sources.
- Assist in capital equipment purchases and preparation of budgets.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Construct new electrical designs and devices and duplicate existing systems for new projects.
- Lead and participate in conducting experiments and testing of developed components.
- Develop protocols and procedures for the use, maintenance, and testing of equipment.
- Skill in technical writing
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team of scientist, engineers and medical doctors
- Skill in management of engineering projects and/or personnel
- Computer literacy to the level of at least word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics, statistics, engineering tools and programming
- Ability to diagnose and solve technical and/or system problems of moderate complexity
- Knowledge of electronic, mechanical and/or computer engineering design and applications’ principles
Qualification & Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering required.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in device engineering in a hospital, industry, or academic setting required.
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cambridge, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A