View All Massachusetts General Hospital JobsMassachusetts General Hospital
- Working under the supervision of Nurse Manager and/or Medical Director of Operations his/her primary roles are to assist with and facilitate efficient patient flow through the surgical unit, assist surgeon with surgical procedures and performs tasks related to the preparation and maintenance of surgical environment, maintains neat, clean and safe patient care areas and promotes patient satisfaction and comfort in a professional and friendly manner. The LPN works with physicians and other staff members to ensure a quality-based, customer-oriented flow of work throughout the ambulatory practice while also serving as a resource person for clinical/clerical support staff.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities; supports peers and colleagues in maintaining established standards of care.
- Provides physical care and emotional support to patients and families under direct supervision of the Nurse Manager and Medical Director of Operations.
- Photographs patients with various skin conditions using a variety of photographic procedures, techniques and equipment; obtains patient consent.
- Participates in developing and implementing new ideas in nursing practice; participates in daily activities conducive to the comfort and safety of patients, visitors and staff.
- Supports and reinforces patient teaching plan, educates patients about proper use of medications. Provides instruction to patients about wound care.
- Administers medications within parameters defined by Dermatology Service after successful orientation; performs nursing procedures within the parameters defined by the Dermatology Service.
- Triages patient phone calls. Informs patients of laboratory and pathology reports.Uses EPIC in Basket to monitor all biopsies and ensures that all necessary therapies are administered as scheduled by the physician.
- Participates in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care and treatment plans; observes reports and records pertinent patient information into EPIC in accordance with Dermatology Service protocols; identifies patient care needs and utilizes nursing resources appropriately.
- Administration of injections
- Ability to take initiative and to exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem-solving expertise.
- Effective interpersonal/communication, organizational, and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks.
- Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills.
- Attends Dermatology Nurses Association meetings.
- A can-do, team oriented attitude is essential, as the ability to work independently and to interact easily with physicians, other managers and staff throughout the department and hospital.
- Participates in relevant continuing education programs.
- Knowledge of and dedication to the highest patient care and provide the utmost service excellence to all patients.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduate of an approved LPN program required
- LPN experience preferred
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlestown, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A