View All Massachusetts General Hospital JobsMassachusetts General Hospital
- The Supervisor role is key to Mass General’s effort to improve patient access to ambulatory services and design patient-friendly systems and services. The Access Center Supervisor provides leadership and support to front-line scheduling agents and support staff to ensure that patients’ needs are met quickly and efficiently and with a high caliber of service.
Under general direction of the Access Center Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operations of two teams within the Center for Ambulatory Services Contact Center; specifically, the Multi-Specialty and Data Entry teams. In addition, the Supervisor manages the Access Center reward and recognition program and participates in the onboarding of new supervisory staff.
- Completes timely performance reviews and ensures annual training is complete.
- Recruit and hire all new team members.
- Manage service levels for teams under their purview, based on set targets; in collaboration with the Access Center
- Manager, also responsible for problem-solving to improve performance when targets cannot be met.
- Acts as a liaison between Access Center team members and MGH practice managers and staff to ensure shared responsibilities and hand-offs between the Access Center and hospital departments are working as designed to support department and organizational goals; works with Contact Center Manager to mitigate as needed
- Develops and maintains schedules and forecasts workloads and staff requirements. Restructures staffing model to meet any changing needs of the department, including absences, vacation and training.
- Provides leadership and direction and encourages teamwork.Facilitates interactions amongst team members and works to maintain positive morale.
- In collaboration with the Quality team, consistently monitors progress and provides feedback on team member performance.Administers corrective action for less than acceptable performance and/or other issues.
- Assists with and responds to escalated customer calls.Investigates and resolves complaints, questions and concerns.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to existing peers and new supervisory team members to improve operational effectiveness and quality.
- Develop and manage the department’s Reward & Recognition Program, including development of a client partner recognition program.
- May provide coverage for other teams as needed.
- In collaboration with the Training team, develops curriculum for team roles and provides coaching to line staff to assist in reaching full competency.
- Approves staff payroll for assigned workgroup(s), ensuring compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Participates in the onboarding of new supervisors to include orienting to the department and job, providing informal feedback and serving as a resource.
- Managed care plan requirements (preferred)
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)
- Experience with change in large, complex organizations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Operational, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to exercise judgment in dealing with sensitive, confidential information
- Strong leadership skills, ability to coach and lead by example
- Ability to effectively manage change and adapt quickly
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required,
- 2-4 years access center experience in a supervisory role required
- 1-2 years prior healthcare experience strongly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and contact center software
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlestown, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A