You’ll provide end to end security response, including triage, response, escalation, and coordination of events and incidents. You’ll carry out and contribute to root cause analysis on security incidents and events, conduct training and scenario planning to prepare for and anticipate future events.
You’ll also be accountable for ensuring that adequate response plans, procedures and playbooks to increase consistency and effectiveness of response capability are created and maintained for all business areas.
- Proactively identify and manage risk escalation to deliver key security related customer and compliance outcomes
- Respond to customer queries and security events, making sure that feedback loops are in place and learn early how to improve service and response
- Undertake holistic analysis of security data to identify control weaknesses and gaps and make recommendations for mitigation
- Collaborate with internal and external colleagues, specialists and stakeholders to ensure activities relating to incident response, user access, alert monitoring, root cause analysis and scenario planning are completed in line with standard operating procedures and to a high standard
- Create and maintain documentation, and support controls and quality assurance in line with the bank’s standards
- Interrogate and interpret large volumes of data and understand the root cause of problems
- Support and develop our custom hunting tools sets and configurations using working knowledge of scripting, Python, Yara, Regex and Bash
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows, Linux/Unix) and Networking Protocols is essential. Malware Analysis experience would be highly beneficial.
- Strong Security knowledge, ideally hands on technical experience of operating Security detection capabilities such as Splunk, EDR technologies,
- Microsoft Defender Products as well as knowledge of Threat Hunting methodologies is desirable.
- Financial experience not essential but experience of working in large complex organisation is desirable
- A development background with strong skills in scripting and coding methodologies e.g. Python, to help improve detections and automate analysis. The role will be required to create solutions for unique problems.
- Experience in leading and/or consulting on projects to provide technical SME input coupled with strong organisational skills would be advantageous.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A