View All Nestlé JobsNestlé
Leverage design knowledge, skills and experience to inspire and develop product, package and process solutions in line with business strategy and needs, combining functionality, relevance and commercial viability with visual and emotional appeal, while minimizing environmental impact across the value chain.
- Facilitate, plan and/or support ideation workshops.
- Coach and guide Packaging & Design Technician in prototyping and design.
- Propose, plan and deliver all design activities from inception through industrialization.
- Bring ideas to life, test hypotheses, and translate solutions into compelling business opportunities. Present results and recommendations in written and oral form to stakeholders.
- Support teams in break-through innovation through trend identification, creative facilitation, visualization, digital communication and rapid prototyping.
- Contribute to the innovation process through early conceptualization via sketching, virtual modeling, animations, physical modeling and graphic design.
- Actively seek new trends, consumer insights and technologies both internally and externally and develop into consumer facing solutions in line with business strategy and needs.
- Actively participate in internal design network to promote cross-fertilization between different Nestlé sites (R&D, Org. Units).
- Apply understanding of Scientific, Technology, Quality and Safety and Environment knowledge to product solutions.
- Drive and accelerate innovation and renovation of packaging, products and/or processes
- Explore patentable technologies and processes.
- Build and document knowledge about latest methods, trends, insights and developments – propose new ideas/activities/methods and integrate design knowledge and practice to initiate and support innovation activity.
- Manage project deliverables according to briefs, ensuring all stage gates are closed timely and within project costs, and performing risk assessment analysis.
- Internal and external networking & information gathering skills
- Broad understanding of Scientific, Technology, Quality, Safety and Environment knowledge.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- B.S. degree in Industrial design or related field, preferably from a NASAD accredited design institute
- Excels in a collaborative team environment, with the ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to prioritize, multitask and manage various day-to-day activities, working to a timeline as well as being able to work on large-scale projects and accommodating fast-track requests
- Strong 2D and perspective sketching skills, quick concept drawing abilities, strong color rendering skills, understanding and ability to create exploded views, and good sense of materials, colors and textures
- Demonstrated ability to understand consumer needs, identify new opportunities and translate these needs and opportunities into new consumer products, packages and processes
- Minimum 3 years of experience in industrial design and product development or related experience
- Professional oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively interact with all levels and functions across the organization
- Strong sketching, virtual modeling, animations, physical modeling and graphic design skills, including 2D and 3D computer software skills
- Ability to utilize model shop tooling and machines
- Strong project management skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cleveland, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A