Technical lead on highly complex projects to identify competitive solutions, delivers innovation and renovation portfolio, and optimization/improvement projects. Partners with Marketing to leverage and translate consumer insight into strategic project pipelines and executes projects, while ensuring packaging safety, quality, functionality and sustainability objectives are being met in a cost efficient manner. Trains and coaches to contribute to the success of the Packaging function. Collaborates internally and externally to build relationships in order to continuously improve own and others technical skills and personal development, including coaching others to facilitate their professional development.
- Works with Quality Management to set quality attributes and evaluation procedures for packaging components, ensuring quality by design. Provides input to Operations for SOPs for packaging equipment.
- Drives technical matter with packaging suppliers. Participates in the selection of packaging material and equipment suppliers. Will be involved in the capital process request and the definition of the equipment requirements. Responsible for maintaining vendor and industry relationships to keep abreast of current trends and to ascertain future trends.
- Implementation of Innovation & Renovation strategy in the market. Proactively engage in the definition of the businesses I&R strategy by participating in Brainstorming and concepts evaluation. Leverages technical experience, R&D and external industry insights to develop, implement, and execute creative packaging development activities (e.g. bench top, pilot plant, and internal/external factory) to achieve highly complex project goals and deadlines to delight the consumer. These projects could involve investment/new equipment. Aligns with relevant PTCs on breakthrough packaging solutions as well as process or technology improvements to safeguard intellectual property.
- Drives creative structural packaging development, as part of complex Innovation/Renovation projects and processes that delivers on consumer insights and key Brand attributes. Uses consumer & customer centric insights. Participates in relevant consumer research activities and, for specific structural package development projects, assists in the development of appropriate consumer research plans. Uses Nestle innovation workshop for idea/concept generation and Nestle tool to assess the impact to the environment of the packaging structure.
- Responsible for performing packaging production qualification trials (materials and vendor selection) as well as shipping and handling tests. Reviews, evaluates, documents results and facilitates decision making. These trials could require significant amount of analysis and higher cost.
- Collaborates and influences internal and external project teams (Teams are made up of PTC, Product Developers, Project Managers, Quality, Regulatory, Engineering,
- Packaging, Factories, Marketing, Co-Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Supply Chain, etc.) to develop, industrialize, and launch on a complex range of Innovation and Renovation projects.
- Provides technical support and packaging expertise to internal customers, including Marketing, Operations, QA, Engineering, Purchasing, Packaging Communications, and others. Through assigned Brand and Manufacturing responsibilities, serves as a point-person to proactively search out packaging solutions that are aligned with Brand vision and Manufacturing strategy.
- Maintains/Develops packaging specifications & packaging safety documentation. Ensures that the packaging solutions comply with global specification guidelines operates efficiently in production and provides adequate protection through the distribution system in a cost effective manner.
- Preferred Category Specific Packaging Technology Experience
- Experience with a broad range of packaging formats, processes, materials, and performance tests is a plus.
- Consumer oriented, continuous improvement mindset
- 5-8 years of packaging R&D and/or Packaging operations experience preferred
- Must be capable of adapting to change while working in a fast-paced, team environment with minimal direct supervision and the ability to adhere to aggressive deadlines
- Interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and project management skills must all be strong.
- BS in Packaging Engineering, Science, Mechanical Engineering or similar degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cleveland, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A