Located in Mcdonough, GA, this Sr. Network Engineer is the subject matter expert and single point of contact for the overall IT function, including all warehouse automation and office IT infrastructure (workstations, servers, printers, networks, phones, mobile devices, etc.) and software used at the location.
Although routine and general infrastructure support may be provided by corporate IS/IT through the Nestlé Service Desk, the ITC maintains overall responsibility for the successful operations at the assigned location and coordinates with corporate IS/IT on issues that fall outside the normal process and for escalations through the Service Desk.
In addition, site-specific systems that have no external escalation point are the sole responsibility of the ITC. The incumbent also provides technical project management for new technology implementations, coordinating between the local teams and the corporate IS/IT as required, and acts as the on-site expert for top-down market and initiatives.
- Manages peripheral systems supporting the computer room operating environment.
- Assist/Support/Coordinate implementations of key initiatives like automation network communications, business continuity plans, IT compliance, etc
- Maintain accuracy and content of key Network documentation
- Enforces procedures and deadlines to achieve compliance Manage/Create/Delete folders/shares/permissions on servers and pc’s
- Install/Update/Patch Operating Systems on Admin and Automation PC’s and Servers
- Administrative IT support
- Update and maintain secure firewall for FAS DMZ in compliance with Nestle IT security protocols
- Monitor the warehouse automation network environments for issues/opportunities
- Provide first level systems usage support of the installed computing environment (office automation tools, LAN, host access, PCs, printers, etc.) and troubleshoots problems to resolution and act as liaison between facility staff and corporate IS/IT.
- Understanding of the facility controls & IT criteria, standards, and Nestle guidelines.
- Lead IT implementations/migrations and serve as the automation network administrator for the facility.
- Understanding of the existing process control infrastructure, configuration, requirements, networks, level of warehouse automation, etc.
- Automation systems support
- Manage external (vendor) network access control
- Manage FactoryTalk directory, security and license server to control access to automation network
- Application Management and Support of server applications/solutions… Including – business continuity plans, distributed automation control applications, data archiving, automation software applications, virtual server control, label printing applications and application database and reporting tools
- Excellent time management.
- Strong working knowledge of PC hardware, Windows OS, Windows applications, & networking.
- Excellent communication skills, including written communication, ability to develop technical documentation.
- Ability to drive results by coordinating efforts between varied teams who have different management and reporting structures, and possibly widely varying priorities.
- Works under limited supervision (part of a team, but frequently required to work independently).
- Dependable and predictable (on time, ready to work).
- Mechanical/technical aptitude, excellent technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Customer service orientation with strong interpersonal skills, able to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrates initiative and sets high personal standards of performance; maintains a consistent, high level of productivity.
- Experience creating IT training materials and delivering training to all levels of personnel with varying technical aptitude.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience as a system administrator in Windows operating systems, Active Directory, MS Office, and MS Exchange/Outlook and a strong background in troubleshooting and supporting workstation issues.
- Experience supporting MS Access databases.
- 2+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting and supporting PC laptop and desktop hardware.
- 2+ years of hands on network administration experience, preferably with Cisco-based infrastructure.
- Experience with project management in a large-scale environment.
- Experience with budget planning.
- Experience working with industrial engineering or manufacturing environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A