We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Social Media & Community Manager to join our social media team based at our York office. Reporting directly to the Senior Social Media Manager, you will have the scope to be the voice to some of the worlds most loved Confectionery brands, think SMARTIES, AFTER EIGHT and more! You’d be working in our amazing team that’s always looking to drive best in class content & engagement when it comes to all things social.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for effectively growing our brands social media communities, across multiple platforms, through the development and delivery of social content. Delivering world-class community engagement, supporting our overall business objectives and social content strategy.
- Identify and react in a timely nature to tactical opportunities.
- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more! Responding and engaging with influencers, consumers and fans, working with CES, and internal stakeholders to execute flawlessly.
- Deliver professional and engaging social content that drives our brands social media equity and positive share of voice, leveraging consumer engagement opportunities online.
- Create and execute new ways to deliver messaging through social media content
- Collaborate cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders to determine the most impactful content. Including working closely with our in-house Content Studio Team to brief paid and organic social content.
- Identify, engage and nurture brand advocates and influencers. Leading paid and organic influencer campaigns with our brands.
- Support and execute the social community strategy and direction, informed by the brand(s) objectives and insight, working closely with the wider Social Media and Brand teams.
- Understand the changing consumer landscape and champion the social consumer, providing recommendations and thought leadership to the wider business, particularly our Consumer Engagement Services (CES) team, Brand owners, Digital and eCommerce.
- Support the proactive management of observed emerging issues, working with our Corporate Communications and CES teams to drive, shape and protect our brands and reputation.
- Serve as the social voice for our brand(s), responsible for developing organic campaigns on a daily basis that really add value.
We are looking for a social media professional, ideally qualified to degree level within a creative field. You’ll have some previous work experience in this space whether that be within an agency or in-house and be able to demonstrate some experience of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, AfterEffects and Premiere Pro. You’ll also have some photography and videography skills to an intermediate level whilst being able to constantly push our brands to innovate with content through great creative ideas.
- Have a creative eye for video and design as well as being passionate about creating engaging content that delivers for our brands.
- Have experience of managing social communities for brands with a key focus on community engagement working across all social platforms.
- Be familiar with trending content to understand how your brand can be involved whilst maintaining relevance to your audience.
- Have a proven track record of creating engaging content including copy and be able to showcase your portfolio of work during the interview process.
- And finally, you will feel comfortable to challenge the status quo, have a real passion to learn and understand the importance of building positive relationships across a wide range of stakeholders. Coupled with this you will thrive in an environment that is often ambiguous understanding how to navigate yourself and stakeholders to positive solutions. This really is a fantastic development role offering you a great opportunity to get stuck in whilst working in a collaborative and supportive team.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A