Website Nissan Motor Corporation
Life at Nissan encompasses everything that inspires both the quality of our vehicles and the quality of our people. Company-wide, you’ll find fast learners and self-starting engines as well as people who are quick to embrace change and take an idea into overdrive. At Nissan, minds race. Imagination gets a green light. Each opportunity is the fuel that drives an idea from inspiration to real-life.
Nissan is currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill an opening for a Sr. Cost Engineer, Electrical & Electronics at our Farmington Hills, MI location. This individual will be responsible for setting target prices for parts, challenging prices, and negotiating prices.
- Support part level costing for competitor vehicle teardown exercises for benchmarking purposes.
- Work closely with Engineering to develop optimized design solutions ensuring best in class cost and function.
- Provide expertise to Engineering and Purchasing in cost estimation and engineering.
- Develop competitive piece cost and tooling targets for variety of automotive components.
- Support Engineering and Purchasing in evaluating design proposals and supplier quotations and assist in negotiations.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications – MS Word and Excel
- Ability to defend his/her conclusions with detailed evidence and convincing negotiation
- Estimating experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in electrical components including software test and development.
- Familiarity with special estimating software or programming skills would be a plus
- Able to quickly analyze, compare and interpret detailed and sometimes limited information and make sound and accurate conclusions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Company: Nissan Motor Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canton, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A