View All Nissan JobsNissan Motor Corporation
We are currently looking for a Senior Vehicle Safety Data and Instrumentation Engineer to join our team in Farmington Hills, MI where we are in process of building a state of the art crash test facility.
This position is on the frontline of developing safe vehicles that will help enable Nissan work toward its vision to reach zero traffic related fatalities. This position will be the subject matter expert for test data and various instrumentation equipment. This position will part of the initial launch team for our new crash test facility. Every member of the new facility will need to have a flexible mindset and a helpful, pro-active attitude as we get our processes setup. This is an exciting opportunity that will require hard work to establish a world-class crash test facility operation.
- Keep data processing scripts up to date.
- Coordinate and track Data Acquisition System usage across facilities.
- Improve data quality based on internal customer (performance engineers, etc.) feedback.
- Interface with equipment suppliers such as DTS, Kistler, etc. to coordinate calibrations/repair, keep up to date on current software and keep up to date on hardware best practices.
- Establishing and continuously improving processes for running crash tests accurately and efficiently.
- Troubleshooting, investigating and applying countermeasures to crash test equipment as problems arise.
- Strong data analysis, attention to detail, logical problem solving and effective communication skills required.
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience with vehicle crash safety testing or working directly with related equipment such as ATD calibration and data acquisition instrumentation required.
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience with vehicle safety crashworthiness and knowledge of test procedure requirements (FMVSS, NCAP, IIHS, etc.) preferred.
- Domestic travel may be required for initial training – up to 1 week per month.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
Company: Nissan Motor Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A