View All Nordstrom JobsNordstrom
The Supply Chain Asset Protection Agent will be responsible for supporting all loss prevention, safety and security initiatives designed to safeguard company assets which include the property, building, fixtures, equipment, merchandise, supplies, money and most importantly, our employees. Supply Chain Asset Protection Agents are tasked with the important role of keeping the building and employees safe, as well as identifying and investigating potential loss situations. If you have a passion for customer service, safety, working in a team environment and investigations, where every day brings a new challenge, this may be the job for you.
- Serve as a partner in the area of operational processes and inventory to reduce shrink. Initiate and conduct investigation of shrinkage/loss and follow through on resolutions in partnership with Investigator and/or Asset Protection Manager.
- Maintain all site-required documentation related to loss prevention and safety issues (i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, training logs etc.)
- Audit physical security infrastructure (i.e. intrusion detection, access control, cameras) and ensure working functionally of all systems
- Perform daily warehouse walks of the interior and exterior of the building, thoroughly examining doors, window, gates, fences and lighting to ensure proper function and physical security standards are met. Document findings and implement corrective actions when necessary.
- Review camera video footage for investigative or research purposes
- Respond to all building alarms and take appropriate action.
- Complete initial incident/accident documentation. Forward to appropriate individuals (Supply Chain Asset Protection Investigator/Manager/Supply Chain HR Manager) for follow up investigation and action.
- Greet and interact with building personnel of all levels, in a professional and pleasant demeanor and respond with a sense of urgency to incidents related to loss prevention, safety and security
- Monitor identification badges for entry/exit to the building for all employees, visitors, vendors, temporary employees, contractors, truck drivers, etc.
- Scan building associates, visitors, and vendors using electronic walk-through metal detectors and/or hand-held metal detectors (where applicable)
- Perform visual searches of bags, briefcases and other carry-in items to ensure that no prohibited items enter the building
- Use interpersonal skills and directive behaviors, when needed, to ensure that the security screening procedures are followed by all individuals
- Escalate highly sensitive situations that may result in collaboration with other loss prevention staff and/or local law enforcement, as needed,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A calm head when dealing with safety and security issues; able to effectively respond and resolve safety/security issues
- Proven experience where a high-level of accountability, initiative and ownership was displayed
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in customer facing service position, ideally in loss prevention, security or risk management
- Supply Chain Facility experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with associates at various levels within the company.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A