View All Nordstrom JobsNordstrom
An IT Ops Technician 1 supports our business by ensuring consistent and efficient resolution of technology issues, with a focus on providing an excellent customer experience to Nordstrom employees. The successful candidate will act independently under general direction from team leadership by providing IT support for operations of the Dubuque Distribution Center. The IT Ops level I technician will possess technical knowledge to support Windows desktops & laptops, printers, and related peripherals and applications, as well as strong systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Diagnoses standard issues with Distribution Center equipment such as computers, printers, network and radio equipment and packaging systems by investigating and/or trying to reproduce the problem and referencing relevant documentation.
- Resolves and closes tickets within their area following standard processes. Escalates more complex cases through appropriate channels. Independently resolves many of the cases they receive/are assigned without escalation.
- Assists with projects or enhancements as requested.
- Contributes in updating and maintaining team knowledgebase.
- Serves as an initial support contact for technical issues from internal clients in the Distribution Center. Creates and is assigned tickets.
- Triages tickets by determining which cases they can likely resolve independently, which cases should be routed to Technicians in other areas, and which should be escalated.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to explain technical issues in layman’s terms.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation and relay information to the client.
- Ability to function well in a fast-changing work environment and the ability to manage. competing priorities when facing multiple time sensitive issues concurrently.
- Earned a two-year degree in a related computer field, are currently pursuing a degree in related field, or possess equivalent work experience.
- Experience with various Windows operating systems and desktop administration tools.
- High motivation and self-direction, and sound problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Experience using and supporting MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubuque, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A