View All Nordstrom JobsNordstrom
A Senior Engineer is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability is at the solution level.
Nordstrom Credit Technology designs, develops, and maintains systems that support our credit customers from new account acquisitions, to account maintenance including online and mobile interfaces, through fraud detection and payment collection. We work closely with our business partners using Agile processes in a DevOps model that focuses on continuous improvement. We utilize technologies such as Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, and AWS to provide these foundations. We focus on automation and continuous integration and deployment to deliver quality results quickly.
- Understand security protocols and compliance requirements
- Collaborate with internal business and technology partners to identify options and analyze solutions.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of secure coding practices and secure system fundamentals
- Identify performance issues and optimize solution
- Responsible for feature design, evaluate designs and provide feedback
- Make recommendations for complex technical designs that align with technology standards.
- Influence quality standards and understand, identify, measure across entire solution
- Develop best-effort estimates for project planning.
- Contribute to documentation of technical designs of systems.
- 5+ years of experience in modern software development with multi-paradigm languages, such as C#, Java, or Scala
- 1+ year of experience with containerization (K8/Docker)
- 5+ years of experience with NOSQL datasources
- 5+ years of experience with RESTful architecture and microservices
- Experience in the payment card domain is a plus
- 5+ years of experience with messaging technologies and patterns (Kafka/SQS)
- 5+ years of experience in technical design of complex systems involving cloud platforms
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience with cloud-based services (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience with event sourcing patterns is a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A