View All Nordstrom JobsNordstrom
Nordstrom’s People Analytics team is evolving toward a focus on using organizational research and data analysis techniques to uncover employee insights that contribute to Nordstrom’s long-term success. The Data Analyst 2 will help translate business needs into specific requirements to build out people analytics solutions. In this role, this individual will be expected to both be hands-on with querying and visualizing data to build out analyses, KPIs and dashboards, but also bring their expertise to partner with our Data Scientists.
- Extract relevant data from source databases to outline key trends impacting our business
- Utilize data visualization to bring data to life and tell a compelling story built around actionable insights
- Evolve our business intelligence function by automating many of the time intensive (but largely static) data pulls and dashboards/visualizations we perform today
- Collaborate with team members and cross-functional partners to ensure insights are relevant and user-friendly
- Demonstrate productivity through the efficient use of time and a commitment to strong results
- Partner with key stakeholders on data analysis problems
- Mine complex employee and organizational data and transform it into actionable information
- Identify success measures and design key performance indicators for client organizations.
- Apply common statistical methods and data modeling to answer strategic questions the business.
- Build self-service dashboards with KPIs and productionize analytics to place the intelligence in stakeholders’ hands.
- Use advanced data visualization techniques to communicate solutions to stakeholders
- Applied experience with statistical and automation programs, such as Python or R
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Hands-on experience with data visualization tools (ideally Tableau), including the ability to develop dashboards from scratch
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, industrial-organizational psychology, business intelligence, or other “STEM” major (Master’s degree preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience using advanced analytics to derive actionable insights
- Intermediate SQL skills, including ability to select and join disparate, complex data sets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A