Our buy planners and buyers are jointly accountable to meet and exceed departmental sales volume, gross margin and gross margin-return-on-investment (GMROI) targets. Buy planners plan and manage the content and balance of the department’s inventory through a detailed understanding of product and customer needs. They partner with the buyer to achieve financial objectives. The ideal buy planner is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
- Manage and direct inventory management in season; ensuring effective decision making around analysis, markdowns, claims, re-orders, etc.
- Direct the analysis and use of information to improve the depth and precision of the buy
- Teach, coach and motivate assistant buy planners to drive in season performance management and become superior partners in planning assortments and quantifying the buy
- Reconcile merchandise financial planning (MFP) and buy plan receipts
- Validate that financial plans and goals are achievable with executable buy plans
- Partner with buyer and financial planner on business reviews, open-to-buy management and plan revisions to achieve financial goals and strategic objectives
- 4+ years of experience as a multichannel/omni-channel retail merchandise Planner or equivalent role
- Demonstrated understanding of retail and the service environment of Nordstrom
- Proficiency in MS Office suite required
- Experience managing and supporting a high sales volume category (high SKU count, heavy seasonality, high revenue ($20M+)) (preferred)
- Experience in a relevant merchandise category (preferred)
- Bachelors degree in Merchandising or related field (preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A