Inventory Service Team is responsible for selling view of Inventory across all of JWN channels including Full Line, Off-price, Trunk Club and HauteLook websites. Maintaining an accurate and low latent picture of inventory across all of JWN owned locations including warehouses, stores and clubhouses is the main focus of this team. As Inventory is at the very core of a retailer like JWN, we support a vast variety of increasingly complex use cases in a fast-paced environment.
A Senior Engineer is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability are at the level of outlining work beyond the scope of a single unit. This level will support splitting larger designs into work units and capable of undertaking as well as mentoring other engineers across a wide spectrum of activities as needed.
- Should be able to articulate and architecture a well-designed system.
- Collaborates, design, develop and implement software utilizing an agile project cycle. Ensures quality of software and acts as gatekeeper of change control.
- Provide mentoring to other developers and engineers on best engineering practices.
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices.
- Identifies design improvements and also makes recommendations to close gaps and build alignment.
- Anticipate system/application challenges and proposes solutions for the same.
- Contribute to Work with product management, operation and other business partners to deliver data driven processes and solutions
- Review other team members along with her user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage.
- Participate in design and code review of the team to ensure quality and testability of feature code.
- Understands application integration, event driven architecture and integrating multiple microservices.
- Collaborate with other leads and engineers and finishing a feature from design to delivery.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience in practice area
- Proven high level of expertise in Java and related technology stacks
- Proven proficiency in HTTP API development (REST and SOAP)
- Must have hands-on experience with Cloud Computing Technologies (e.g AWS, Azure)
- Experience of working with Microservices and Distributed Computing
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code techniques and practices
- Must have CI/CD Pipeline experience (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins, etc.)
- Strong practical Linux administration skills in a cloud environment
- Prior experience with Caching Mechanisms such as Redis, desired
- Experience of Orchestration Tool sets such as Kubernetes, Docker is a plus
- Knowledge of Distributed Streaming Platform like Kafka is a plus
- Experience working in a metrics driven environment is a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Agile software development experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A