A proactive Controls Systems Technician will focus on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets.
- Analyze system failures or condition to determine root cause or potential for breakdown
- Perform predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance of computer-based process control, SCADA, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), using a variety of diagnostic tools, historical data, blueprints, factory specifications and the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Monitor Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and partner with facilities/operations for system performance issues
- Communicate technical issues to Facilities Maintenance Management and Operations Leaders
- Perform and utilize FC/DC system assessments to identify opportunities in improving utilization of systems/equipment.
- Utilize FC/DC System Assessment reports improving material handling system performance through maintaining and repairing identified deficiencies
- Maintain material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, motor control systems, servo drives, variable frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
- Evaluate problems or work assignments to determine, scope of project, set priorities, project resource needs and to plan follow-up activities
- Performing installation, maintenance and repair of electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical instrumentation
- Working knowledge of ladder logic and PLC software such as Allen Bradley RS LOGIX 500 or 5000. Experience troubleshooting RS Logix 5000 is a plus, not necessary
- 3+ years systems control knowledge and PLC troubleshooting experience classroom or working experience
- Associates degree in electronic technology/engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Understand concepts of Warehouse Management System Software including Warehouse control systems
- Experience with automation controls systems
- Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot PLC’s and PLC components using relevant software.
- Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Lebanon, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A