The Area Maintenance Manager is the manager on shift providing leadership and direction to a team of highly skilled technicians and managers in delivering Material Handling, Industrial Automation and Base building services in a 24 / 7 logistics environment. This position will be responsible to lead using KPIs/metrics that will set the maintenance and operations teams up for success.
This role reports to the Sr Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Manager and manages the Controls Systems Specialists and MHE Technicians on their shift.
- Assist in the development and ongoing management of detailed, zero-based operating budgets
- Support the business by developing and implementing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and preventive maintenance schedules (PM) to support all areas
- Partner with management and others to anticipate future business changes and challenges and proactively implement new or revised plans
- Create a strong culture by building and maintaining a high performing team who is engaged, innovative and deeply connected to the mission of supporting our customers
- Support optimal facility performance through contracted cleaning services, HVAC, Vertical Transportation, Restaurant, Fire and Life Safety and Pest contracts etc.
- Coordinate system repairs and monitoring systems to ensure maximum uptime and system performance
- Execute audits and record-keeping practices to ensure program adherence
- Handle multiple projects and daily activities, meet deadlines and develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals
- Ensure that all safety programs and procedures are followed
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and good working relationships with senior operations leaders
- Develop business plans and provide guidance and direction for the successful implementation of those plans
- Uphold contract terms and conditions with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure proper delivery of goods and services against contracts and expectations
- Act as point of contact with site occupants, property management/ Landlords to coordinate FM activities and ensure company and customer needs are met
- Experience in managing MHE, Controls and PIT operations.
- Superior client relationship management skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Proficient in and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), and possess strong written, verbal and people skills. Strong organizational skills and collaborative management style needed
- Excellent prioritization and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated experience in managing 24 / 7 operations in a fast-paced work environment
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation
- A minimum of three to five years of direct supervision or lead support of multi-building operations is required
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints
- Four-year degree in a related discipline or relevant combination of experience
- Basic understanding of commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision
- Familiarity with and understanding of building systems
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A