View All PACSUN Jobs PACSUN
The Director of eCommerce Systems is responsible for building Pacsun eCommerce IT system solutions with cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerce business including business planning, content strategy and development, customer segmentation, digital marketing campaigns, website design, web analytics and web security.
The primary responsibility is to partner with Pacsun business all IT departments to maximize the value of salesforce.com Commerce Cloud and Marketing Cloud, and other tools and technologies used across the digital landscape to drive new opportunities, increase digital revenue and profitability, improve customer experience, and address challenges and risks.
- Manage the financial aspects of the eComm and Marketing technology administration, budgeting, vendor engagement, purchasing, and cost management.
- Define the software development standards and best practices for agile, secure, scalable, highly performant, and supportable applications.
- Maintain a complete set of architectural artifacts that accurately reflect the systems, all interactions and data flows, the underlying infrastructure, and the business capabilities and user roles, supported or impacted by the solution and its implementation.
- Build and direct a cohesive team of internal and external personnel to effectively develop the digital solutions. Work closely with IT leadership team to guide and direct technical and professional growth of technical staff. Mentor IT associates and foster a learning and growth environment.
- Provide technology and architecture leadership across the eComm and Digital Marketing landscape, evaluate and benchmark new application frameworks, platforms and technologies, architect the future state and the roadmap.
- Consistently evaluate new technologies, maintain technical familiarity with all core eComm and Digital Marketing platforms and security, Introduce new technologies into the organization as appropriate (proactive) to improve business processes.
- Manage the digital customer experience including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns.
- Develop and oversee the planning, QA and execution across the websites, mobile app, and marketing campaigns to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing.
- Direct, plan, and deploy frequent high-quality sprints and optimizations.
- Recognize strengths and weaknesses in the system architecture. Anticipate vulnerabilities and orchestrate contingency plans.
- Work closely with all IT teams and consultants to optimize system integration, improve inventory integrity and accuracy, increase conversion rates, improve customer experience, and implement solutions to monitor web performance and security.
- Collaborate across business functions to negotiate and drive issues to resolution.
- Leverage site data and analytics to develop customer segmentation and insights, optimize the overall web experience, consistently analyze, measure and provide actionable plans to support business growth.
- Serve as a Pacsun eComm and Digital Marketing technology owner and project owner to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test all digital systems and solutions.
- Participate in developing and executing strategic and tactical eComm and Digital Marketing business plans, provide technology architecture and solutions.
- Experience with information security, PCI compliance, and other audit and regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining schedules and adhering to budgets.
- 10+ years’ experience of B2C or B2B eCommerce and Digital Marketing.
- Must have hands-on architect level of knowledge and experience with Salesforce.com Commerce Cloud and Marketing Cloud, and eCom Mobile Apps.
- Hands-on extensive knowledge of e-Commerce technology and Digital Marketing technology.
- Experience with best practices in software delivery including DevOps, Agile/Scrum methods, CI, automated functional and performance testing, and the tools that support these processes.
- Knowledge of both leading and legacy IT architectures, tools, and services including but not limited to: public cloud computing; serverless computing; ETL and data management techniques; AMP and progressive web app techniques; headless applications and APIs.
- Strong understanding of ecommerce systems architecture with working knowledge of strategies that will lead to continued success and growth in online retail.
- Ability to follow an established business case justification process which involves developing project level of effort costs and timelines assumptions to establish an ROI by partnering with our financial planning team.
- 5+ years’ proven leadership of large retail eCommerce and Digital Marketing projects.
- In-depth understanding of eComm platform performance testing methodology in preparation for successful peak season planning.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A